Sam In The City

Monday, October 17, 2005

Kindergartners Say The Darndest Things...

After spending a nice relaxing weekend with the fam, it was hard to wake up this morning. My lovely sisters and future brother-in-law came in from the Indianapolis/Bloomington area and we hung out the whole weekend and celebrated my dad's 45th birthday! : It was quite groovy. ;)
So anywho, my students greeted me this morning with smiles and even a few fly by hugs as they entered the classroom. Little Ally stopped by the door as she entered class to hug my torso and say, "Happy Sweetest Day Mrs. Villa!" Even though Sweetest Day was Saturday, she was cute enough to remember me today...even my own husband ignored the Hallmark holiday. :) Well anyway, kids sure do say the darndest things. Take Elizabeth for instance...today during Learning Centers she called me over to the Reading Center with an important look on her face and said," Mrs. Villa, I've been wanting to tell you something." And I crouched down to her height to listen as she said, " I really wanted to tell you that you're adorable." It was so cute!! I tell ya, a few of those kid comments and I would almost think I was ready to think about having kids in the near future. Almost...

Anywho, then there's Luis...ah, yes, my little Mexican Simon Birch. He is very petite with huge eyes and glasses to frame them. Anyway, most of the time I eat lunch in the classroom with my students. It's nice to have a meal with them and I know they think it's cool for their teacher to sit at their table in the classroom. When the kids start to eat, I always tell them to be quiet, or else they'll never eat a thing. So today, I'm sitting at Louis' table for lunch and he says to me,"I'm sorry." And I said, "Louis, you're doing a good job eating and you're quiet, you don't have to say you're sorry." And Louis says, "No, it's because I farted!" I wanted to burst out laughing! Now keep in mind, this is not the first time Louis has farted in class. You may think because he's only five that the smell can't be that bad, but it's quite a whoof to take in.

Anyway, I always have a few stories to tell after the school day ends. Sometimes their funny and cute and other times they're kinda sad. Today Gisi told me during Free Choice time that when her dad was little, he used to be poor. I told Gisi that Daddy has a good job now and everything is okay. You just never know what they'll say! Well, I'm gonna finish a movie (Crash..I highly recommend this movie) with the husband now and then take a little run. It's so beautiful in Chicago tonight. Ahhhh yes, it's a great day to run and to be a Chicago White Sox fan!! ;)

2 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Frema said…

    That is hysterical. I wonder what would happen if I apologized to my boss for farting? He may not find it that funny.

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Luke said…

    Too bad no one ever apologizes to me about farting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home