Sam In The City

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I'll Take Questions For 500 Please...

What a day! I actually didn't hit snooze on the alarm today and as all snoozers know, that's a pretty big accomplishment. :) Anyway, my students were pretty well behaved today and are on this "I say cute things streak".

Today some older students came in our class to briefly talk about Dear Abby, the school newspaper question/answer section. It was so funny to listen to the 4th graders seriously talking to the Kindergartener's about this. One of the girls said," Just write your question on the paper and put it in the box. You don't have to just ask questions about school, but you can ask about family problems too. But don't write your name on it because you don't want people to know who you are." I was like...hmmmm...the kids are not even writing full sentences yet! ;) We're getting there though. So anyway, I asked the students to help me think of some questions to ask Dear Abby and the following questions are what they came up with:

1. Why do we pray?
2. Why do zebras run fast? (a personal favorite of mine)
3. Why do we have to pray for people who die?
4. How did God make the brain?
5. Where do bats sleep?
6. Why did God destroy all the dinosaurs and make people? (this question was asked by Luis, my Mexican Simon Birch. I told Luis I would get back to him on this one very soon.)
7. Why did God build the world?

So you see, I had to write down all these questions and share them with you because they were all do darn cute! Feel free to commment on your favorite question with an answer.

Anywho, my poor husband came home from work today sick, so I feel the desire to baby him and take care of him. Have a groovy evening!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Luke said…

    Hmmmm...I am going to try to answer "Why do zebras run fast?" and I believe it's because of the lions.

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    I have some questions of my own:

    - Who gave fitness clubs the right to charge both annual AND monthly fees?

    - Why can't I find a mascara that neither clumps nor smears?

    - Who's yo daddy?

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Sambo V. said…

    You should really try Mayebelline Volume express turbo boost mascara...waterproof of course-it really does the trick! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home