Sam In The City

Thursday, March 23, 2006

My momma always said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

It's been two weeks to the day since my last post. My last few entries have been kinda downers, so I decided that I was not going to write anything new until I had something uplifting to share. I feel like a lot has been going on lately, and the majority of it hasn't been too peachy. So, to the faithful few who've continued to check my blog, thanks for sticking around! I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts with me. ;)

As far as pleasantries are concerned, I've been pretty wrapped in the planning of Frema and Luke's upcoming wedding shower. From party favors to centerpieces, my apartment wreaks of wedding bliss! I've never been a matron, or maid of honor, and I want everything to be just perfect for Frema and Luke. I'm so honored to have such an important responsibility during the pre-nuptial events. My big sister is getting married in less than two months my friends!! Whaaa-whooooooo!!!!

In other news, Sunday evening Dan and I got some Chinese food and received some very insightful fortunes in our fortune cookies. Dan's was, "Find some release from your cares, have a good time". Pretty good advice coming from a cookie, huh? My fortune was even more earth shattering, "Within the coming 5 months you will find 3 missing socks". Can you believe it?! I'm gonna find 3 missing socks by August! Seriously, that would be amazing, considering the fact that everytime I do laundry a sock miraculously disappears. I immediately thought of Lost a Sock when I read my fortune. ;) All this talking about socks reminded me that I have to go switch my laundry! Until the next time friends...over and out! ;)

8 Comments:

  • At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome Back Sam,
    I am looking forward to the shower. Let me know if you need any help.

    Your fortune is funny. Maybe you will find lost socks, but if your laundry is like mine, you will lose 12 others.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Frema said…

    You know that you're supposed to add "in bed" to the end of every fortune. That makes Dan's fortune kinda kinky, but yours? Kinda not. :)

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger butterflygirl said…

    Enjoy working on that shower for Luke and Frema!

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Sambo V. said…

    Thanks so much Molly! ;)

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    save yourself some time and look for your socks "in bed".
    Love Auntie Di

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Luke said…

    You have been the best matron or maid of honor any couple could hope for.

    My cookie fortunes are never that specific. At least you know to keep a close eye on your socks now.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Lost A Sock said…

    You're back! Glad to "see" you. Good fortunes...maybe you're sock one was some kind of code for finding money or three other worthwhile items. (We all can dream, right?) Or, just combine them and you get a sassy, "have a good time finding your socks."

    See you next weekend! :0)

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Of course all of the missing socks are probably mine!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home