Sam In The City

Thursday, February 09, 2006

B is for but!

I wish I had enough time to blog everytime one of my students did something funny. Today a student did something that I just have to share with you.

Everyday the students have Center Time, in which they are split up into small groups and work on different activities. One of the Center assignments today was for the children to walk around the classroom and find words that begin with the letter B. After they wrote their B words, they had to draw a picture next to the word describing it. Even though I've gone over the two different meanings/spellings of the word "but" a million times, kids will be kids. The below picture is an a child's attempt to illustrate the word "but". (refer to the 4th picture)



I tried as best as I could to scan the picture accurately. Notice how the "but" looks kind of like a very large tooth. When I saw that picture I couldn't help but give a giggle/good job to the child. When I asked the child if the picture was of a butt, s/he proudly smiled and said, "YES!" Maybe you don't find this as cute as I do, but I had to share it! ;)

8 Comments:

  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    That "but" looks like it needs medical attention! :)

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Luke said…

    That's freakin' hilarious! But whose "but" did your student draw?

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is very funny, Sam. Maybe it is even funnier because "but" follows BIBLE. You must be a very clever teacher, and the child must be very smart to think of wonderful "b" words.

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger butterflygirl said…

    Too cute!

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank god he didn't draw boobs

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The joy of education is just every day. Nice work.

    Daddy D.

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam, I cannot wait until I have similar stories!!
    cake and pie!

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I first heard the story I did not think much of it because my third graders say silly stuff like that all the time. BUT when I saw the picture, I agree with Luke in that it is freakin hilarious!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home