Sam In The City

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Dun, dun, dun!

To those in the blogging world, it may seemingly appear that I have not posted an entry for over a week. However, last Saturday I posted an entry and then unposted it on Sunday. I was really angry when I posted and afterward thought it was tacky to leave up. Anywho, to the few readers who actually caught the post, thank you kindly for your comments. ;)

This past Monday, I did not have to work because it was a day of observance for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I spent my kid free afternoon going to the dentist. In the last year I have been to the dentist to get my wisdom teeth yanked, have cavities filled, and the latest visit...the beginning of a root canal. As I sit here typing this entry, my poor little molar is THROBBING! :( The pain doesn't stop there folks, oh no! My frickin' tooth has decided to start a conspiracy with my left ear now. I really think my tooth and ear are going at it, trying to see who can give me the most pain. The root canal was started on Monday and the second and last part is being done tomorrow. After briefly seeing the dentist for an unscheduled appointment yesterday, he told me to take three Advil's and one Extra Strength Tylenol for the pain, which is about the equivalent of one Vicodin. I've taken the extreme amounts of non-aspirin, and yet the pain is still there. I can't wait to go to the dentist so I can chew my food without being conscious it. More importantly, I just want the pain to go away.

Yesterday I got the complete second season of Roseanne, which brightened my spirits quite a bit. More importantly, just thinking about Saturday makes me smile because we're finally going to get Breain's wedding dress! Yea!!! ;) Well bloggers, thanks for continuing to read, even though I've been slacking lately. I'm sure after this root canal I'll be able to crawl out of my slump. Say a little prayer for me. ;)

8 Comments:

  • At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Saturday will be another bonding day for your family. Joy in the wedding prep. Love all around.

    Best of luck for the right dress.

    Sorry about your teeth.

    Daddy D.

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Luke said…

    Ouch...it's never good when two or more of your own body parts conspire against you. Feel better soon.

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam,
    My prayers are with you; I hope that the tooth pain is gone soon. Have good day wedding dress shopping.

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Frema said…

    They BEGAN the root canal on Monday? You didn't mention that on the phone, only that you'd been to the dentist! Why is it taking two visits to get this bad boy done?

    My thoughts will be with you, Sister. Be sure to treat yourself to a big fat cold ice-cream shake when you're done. I hear that's what some people like to do after tramatic dental work.

     
  • At 5:54 AM, Blogger butterflygirl said…

    Hope all goes well so that you feel better soon. It's no fun being in such misery. Have fun shopping with you sis for that wedding dress!

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sam keep up the good work
    i am very proud of you.

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Kayte Marie said…

    Aww sweetie you're in my prayers! I hope that you start feeling better soon. Pain like that is the WORST! And I'm sorry about your angry post I didn't read it but I hope everything worked out okay. :)

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is it wierd that my ear also hurt during all of this? Just kidding love. I just wish I could punch your other dentist inthe face!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home