Sam In The City

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Down and Dirty

Three days until Dan and I officially go on Christmas vacation!! Two weeks of no work will be AMAZING! I have plans to tear my apartment up and bleach and dust every corner. Some people may find this task dreadful and annoying, however, being raised by Mrs. Danny Tanner herself, I enjoy cleaning now that I'm not nagged to do it. Don't get me wrong, our home is always clean, but I'm talking clean, clean. I love the feeling of walking barefoot on the kitchen floor after it's just been bleached and scrubbed. Crawling into freshly washed sheets and using a fresh warm towel after a shower are just a few of the things that make me smile. Whenever I do my deep cleaning, Dan hibernates in the front room. He tried a few times to assist with the deep cleaning, but I don't think he really understands the art of cleaning. I'm content with him washing the dishes, making the bed and helping with the daily ordinary chores.

Other than the excitement of getting down and dirty with the apartment, we have several family gatherings to attend over our vacation. I can't wait to spend unlimited amounts of time with my family, in particular my siblings. I love it when we are all together like the good old days. I don't mean to brag, but I do have the coolest family ever. ;) Anyway, I hope to write more soon. Really funny things have been happening to me and Dan lately, and it'd be a shame not to share them. Have a good night everybody! ;)

6 Comments:

  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Luke said…

    I truly do sympathize with Dan.

    And I do think that I took that picture.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cleaning with bleach always ruins my clothes.Be careful.Have a happy Holiday.

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I hope you and Dan have a wonderful vacation together! I will be gone from the 26th until the morning of the 31st but I would really love to come see you when I get back. I have some things I need to catch you up on...love you and miss you!

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Frema said…

    We can't wait to see you, either!

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, Sam, I know that you don't have the time, but my house could sure use some of that cleaning. My house is hardly ever clean and certainly never clean, clean.

    Anyway, have a Merry first Christmas as Mrs. V, and wonderful time with the family.

    Take care.

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Diane Arias said…

    Please tell me how you get a routine down for cleaning and enjoy it so much??? I'm either talking about how I hate doing dishes or that I'm putting them off again (like I am right now). And havin' the hubby help on a regular basis as well. Man, I am impressed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home