Sam In The City

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Summer Daze

Yes people, I am alive and have not fallen off the face of the internet world. This is my latest entry in over a month and I have no good excuse for that, except I've been too lazy to haul my ass three feet from the couch over to the computer. When I come home from work or physical therapy (for my knees), I'm just not in the mood to share much of anything these days. However, with school starting up again at the end of this month, and classroom preparations in the mix, I'll probably get caught up in the Back To School madness. I'm actually looking forward to the set routine and classroom environment. Working with the day campers hasn't been too terrible, but it's not like the structured environment of a classroom.

Since my last entry not too much has been going on. Dan and I took a trip to Indianapolis to visit Frema and Luke, and had an absolute blast! Their apartment complex is beautiful, with a groovy gated pool and large pond of cute little ducky wucky's!!! We spent some time in their apartment, but also went miniature golfing, explored downtown and the Canal, in addition to dining out a few times. It was a really fun time and Dan and I hope to plan more trips to visit Indy in the future. We're also going camping with Frema and Luke the weekend after next, and I'm really looking forward to it! Yay for summer fun!

I can't believe the summer is going by so quickly. In just a few short weeks Dan and I will both be in the swing of things for Back To School. I hope that you've all enjoyed your summer thus far and continue to live it up. I don't plan on skipping an entire month blogging again, (sorry July), so be sure to check for new entries. Thanks for sticking out my lazy stretch with me and continuing to read friends! Have a groovy day and stay cool! ;)

7 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    Hooray, you're back! Luke and I can't wait to go camping, either. It'll be our first overnight trip of the summer!

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back, Sam. Happy August.

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger Luke said…

    Don't worry about it. July is overrated anyway.

    Remind me to share the story of our last camping trip, or read about it here at this post.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi sam
    i love you

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Lost A Sock said…

    Back to school time is very exciting. It was one of my favorite, anticipating what my students would be like, working on my room (cleaning it and having it STAY clean for five minutes.) Still kindergarten, I assume? Good luck with getting ready!

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Molly said…

    Hi Sam,
    We are looking forward to seeing you and Dan on your way to camping with Luke and Frema. You will have a great time. The weather forecast is quite promising for the weekend.

    I have finally succumbed and joined the world of blogging. Come on over for a visit.
    Molly

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    August is almost over! Come back to us!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home