Sam In The City

Sunday, April 23, 2006

And That's A Wrap

Tomorrow, for the first time in about ten days I will wake up at 6:05a.m. to get ready for work, and bid farewell to Spring Break. :( It was really great to have a whole week off of work to get doctors appointments out of the way and random things done around the apartment. The best part about the time off was being able to spend time with Dan. On Tuesday we went to the Field Museum and had a great time! Dan and I didn't get lost in our travels to the museum as anticipated because my groovy father ended up driving us there. The only problem we encountered at the museum was Dan getting a little jealous about some hunk hitting on me. I was quite taken by the sculpted stranger...

Dan ended up taking a blow to the face after exchanging some nasty words with my new found hunk!

After leaving my hunk, we walked around the museum some more and saw some interesting exhibits about Earth's evolution and the Tsavo lions, just to name a few. Upon leaving the museum, we took a nice long walk to a fancy shmancy restaurant we had reservations for and ate meals fit for a king! ;)

Anywho, I had a wonderful Spring Break. It really ended with a bang last night for Frema's bachelorette party. Yesterday Frema's family and close friends celebrated my dear sister's last night out with the girls as a single woman. We began the fiesta at my parent's house, where Frema was showered with pizza, liquor and fun presents. Afterward, we went to a really fun bar where we drank a lot and danced our butts off! From bun pinching to dancing on bars, I don't think Frema will ever forget her bachelorette party. ;) She was such a fun and cute bachelorette and I'm so happy to be her matron of honor!

Well, I have to end this entry now so I can go grocery shopping. After a week of procrastinating this much dreaded task, I can no longer stand to see just a few bottles of water and one can of yogurt in the fridge. I hope you all had a great weekend, and as always, thanks for reading! ;)

6 Comments:

  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Luke said…

    Hey, sista! Thanks for taking such good care of Frema over the weekend.

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger butterflygirl said…

    Sounds like you had a relaxing spring break. Back to the routine. It'll be summer vacation before you know it. Also, sounds like Frema had a blast.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Frema said…

    You were a GREAT matron of honor. I especially love you for uploading pictures from your camera while intoxicated so that I could post in my own drunken state. Thank you!

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Lost A Sock said…

    Glad you had a good break! The bachelorette party pics look like tons of fun, and the ones of you and Dan with your new dude are too funny!!

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I tried my hardest to beat that guy up. His punch was just too solid though. It really did hurt when I tried to sucker punch him too. I'll get him and win my Sambo back. Till then, I'm gonna ice my hand and face. :(

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    After seeing that you liked the book not without my daughter I thought you might also enjoy The Kite Runner. I will send it with your father and you can pick it up by your folks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home