Sam In The City

Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Countdown Is On!

One week from today mine and Dan's students will have an early dismissal...and then it's SPRING BREAK 2006 BABY!! Don't get me wrong, we both like kids and love teaching, but we need a break. I wonder if there would be as many teachers if it wasn't for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring and Summer vacation. Spending an average of six-seven hours, five days a week with your students can almost drive one to border line insanity.

We're Spring Breakin' it at our apartment this year my friends. I'm most looking forward to not having to wake up at 6:00a.m. and leave for work while Dan is sleeping sound, because he doesn't leave for another half an hour after me. His alarm goes off about two to three times before I actually leave the apartment, and his snooze button always prevails. Dan wakes up to my Ray Charles Greatest Hits CD, and all I hear is, "Weeeeeeeellllll, I gotta woman, way over town, that's good to me...". Usually Ray only gets to sing, "Weeeeelllll..." before Dan slaps his snooze button silly. ;) It's really nice that we both have the same vacation time because we can hang out and really relax together.

Besides sleeping in, we really have no other plans and that makes me excited! Of course we'll find something that needs to be done, but there's nothing really scheduled other than visiting my cousin Kenny at college. I foresee lots of Texas Hold'em and a case of Miller Lite in our near Spring Break future, and that's just fine with me. ;)

The countdown is on people. Spring Break is keepin' like a wedgie! ;)

6 Comments:

  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger butterflygirl said…

    Enjoy your R&R!!

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Luke said…

    Rest up. You deserve it.

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger Lost A Sock said…

    Sounds like fun times!! Enjoy!!

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I'm glad to hear you got your R & R, I hope you had a good time with Kenny, I'll see you soon at the wedding and let me know if I can do anything to help!
    Your always so sweet when you comment on Breain's blog, you were always the affectionate one!
    Love, Auntie Di

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Miles and I start our spring break today too. I hope that yours is absolutely wonderful. We are heading to Indy tomorrow for a meeting and a short visit with Frema, Luke, PJ the Librarian, Matt and our sweet granddaughter.

    Nice picture of you and Dan, I think that I recognize the guy in the background.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    Live it up, girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home