Sam In The City

Monday, May 22, 2006

Life Altering News

It's almost 11:15p.m. on a Monday night and I couldn't wait to share this exciting news with the internet until tomorrow. Today I called the landlord to notify him that our bathtub was getting a little backed up; there's nothing like standing in your own scum in the shower. Yuck. Anywho, it didn't take but a few hours to send a plumber over to correct the problem. This plumber has been to our apartment several times due to this very problem. The root of the problem rests in my hair, in that it is literally clogging the drain. After fixing the drain, the plumber did something extra for us that is absolutely AMAZING. He fixed our water pressure people! He fixed it! Before this miraculous man came into our apartment today, our water pressure was about as forceful as a drizzly day. Now it's as forceful as an old lady claiming her prize at a Sunday Bingo game! Now the water drips luxuriously, like the kind of pressure a shower at a fancy hotel would have. Or anyway, I assume so, because I don't recall ever staying at a fancy hotel, unless the Holiday Inn counts...does it? I think it should. ;)

Well anyway, Dan and I are just ecstatic about the life altering cleansing change. For our wedding shower we requested a power shower head because of the poor pressure, and we did get it. However, in trying to install the shower head, we stripped the threads on the screw connecting the precious new shower head. Imagine our horror when our high pressure shower dreams were shattered! Shattered I tell you...until now. Ah, it's the little things in life that I appreciate. No longer will I dread taking an agonizing twenty minute shower to rid my hair of the day's grease with drizzling water, oh no. When I washed my hair tonight I felt like the shampoo was literally blasted clear off my scalp people! ;)

Anywho, for those of you out there who don't understand the source of my joy... consider yourself lucky friends! Wait 'til you feel the difference this weekend Frema-it's awesome. You and your thick hair will appreciate it! Well, I better go to bed now before this euphoric state wears off. Over and out. ;)

7 Comments:

  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger Ron Southern said…

    Great post about your water pressure! I can relate.

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Frema said…

    That IS good news! I will run to your shower with open arms.

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger butterflygirl said…

    Hooray!

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Luke said…

    I've been to a pretty snazzy Holiday Inn before. At least it seemed like that when I was five, what with it's indoor pool and miniature golf course.

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Lost A Sock said…

    Too cool! And also, I totally get the shedding thing. EEK! :0)

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm still in the shower! I feel ya girlfriend!
    Auntie Di

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    Here's some life-altering news: update! We miss you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home