Sam In The City

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Where In The World Is Sambo?

I've been quite the absentee blogger lately due to an overload of doctor visits, preparing fieldtrips and projects for my students, attending family gatherings, watching Friends, and um...just pure laziness. The Friends portion of my busy schedule is now eliminated because I have successfully finished watching all ten seasons. (Frema and Brooke, you'll be happy to know that you can now have your seasons back!) By the time I'm done with all the day's work, I just look forward to sitting on my couch and zoning out. I borrowed "The DaVinci Code" from my cousin Kenny about two and a half weeks ago, and it's currently buried under a nasty coat of dust from being neglected. Somehow it makes me feel less guilty about not reading it yet by just looking at it everyday. Weird.

Anywho, I'm back, for now at least and I totally LOVE reading all of my blogger friends posts. I have to learn how to multi-task my blog better...I've missed reading and commenting on your blogs friends, and I'm sorry.

Jumping around a little, Frema's and Luke's wedding is less than two weeks away!! My big sister will be a married woman in ten days people. I'm so happy for her I could burst! ;) Dan and I were talking about it today and I told him I was so happy for Frema and Luke that I could cry...and probably will at the wedding. Then Dan shared with me that when I got married, as soon as I began walking down the aisle Frema turned on the tears. It's hard for men to understand the very sacred bond sisters share. I'm so lucky and blessed to have three sisters.


(Frema and Ryan in the back, Donna, Styxie and me in the front)

I could not imagine life without Frema, Ryan, Donna and my brother Geo. As the matron of honor, one of the things I am responsible for is making a toast at the reception. I've been thinking a lot about all of the things I want to say and it's going to be hard. How to you summarize twenty-four years of sisterhood love and overwhelming happiness for the happy couple into a brief, yet meaningful toast? I'll figure it out. I'm just really happy to have the honor of proposing a toast to Frema and Luke. ;)

3 Comments:

  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger butterflygirl said…

    Glad to see apost. I'm sure your toast will be perfect!

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Luke said…

    Hola, sista! We've missed you, too, blogging and in person.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    For some reason, I can't picture you crying that day. I imagine you giving me a big smile and thumbs-up. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home