Sam In The City

Sunday, November 06, 2005

I'll Take Random Fun For 500 Please...

What a weekend! Friday night Dan and I started to watch "Hot Shots" and then I conked out on him and we went to bed. Saturday we slept til 10a.m. and then I made myself breakfast while Dan went shopping for my birthday present! ;) I was so happy to have not broken the yoke in my over easy eggs, until I realized I had overcooked the yoke! :( Nevertheless, I'm still excited about cooking more these days. When Dan returned we did our dreaded laundry at the laundry matt. A lady there told me I had a good man to be helping me do the laundry. I thanked her for the nice comment and then told her that it wasn't all my laundry, which means I expect him to help. I felt really bad for this lady because she had about 5 washers going and four kids with her. When she left her young daughter was helping her push the laundry in an empty baby stroller. If we wouldn't have had so much crap in the trunk, we would've asked if she wanted a ride to where she was going. Then again, she may have thought we were weirdo's for asking.

Anywho, so after laundry, my wonderful friend Carrie came over and we drank some Pinot Grigio at about 4p.m. and ate countless Starbursts, while catching up with eachother's lives. I love those kind of visits!

Later in the evening, Dan gave me one of my birthday presents early...Ray Charles The Best of Ray Charles CD!! I was SOOO EXCITED. Earlier we went to a music store and I really wanted to buy a Ray Charles CD and Dan kept ignoring my great idea. When we got back home I was trying to download some of his songs when Dan surprised me by giving me the CD early. We then had a few drinks together and literally started dancing in our kitchen to the CD. I don't care how corny it sounds, it was so much fun! We don't really get to dance together, besides going to celebrations or the oh so rare club trip. I was cracking up as Dan was spinning me around the kitchen being all suave and smooth like. ;) Thank you Mr. Ray Charles Robinson. After our awesome dancing session, I called Frema a tad tipsy and had to hang up because the wine was being evil!! After we hung up, I got a call from my younger sister, Marge, who was also tipsy. It's something about a Saturday night that brings out the wine! ;) Dan and I ended the night watching UFC on Spike TV. UFC fighting is a mixture of all these different kinds of martial arts styles being used to fight. Man, these fights were really crazy and bloody. Is is sick that I had fun watching them?

Anywho, today the husband and I drove separately to his cousin's house in Bufu Egypt, a.k.a., Lockport, IL so he could look at "the beast" (my car) and let us know if it could be fixed or should be junked. On the way there, I got lost when I misread a sign. :( Dan honked at me and I fearfully looked to my right as I saw him drive past me on another road! Not only was I lost, but I was lost in a car that is known to die out randomly. Dan and I were snippy with one another on our cell phones as I was trying to get "unlost" because he didn't know where I was to help me get back to him, and I started getting really scared. To make a long story short, I am very proud of myself that I found my way back to the right road, all by myself. Don't get me wrong, it took me a few minutes and some back tracking to get there, but the point is that I got there. After we got back to Chicago from dropping my car off, we met my groovy in-laws for a pre-birthday lunch at the cute little restaurant we live next door to. They got me an ABC, 123 teacher shirt, a Wal-Mart gift certificate and the sweetest card ever! Basically, the card says that I am not a daughter-in-law, but a daughter. :) Very nice, very nice.

This weekend has been very busy and fun! Between pre-birthday fun and getting lost , I was even able to do all my students report cards. Parent/teacher conferences are this Friday. Two thumbs up my last FABULOUS weekend as a 23 year old woman!

6 Comments:

  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Frema said…

    Sounds like you were busy! Luke and I have been sick, so we spent most of the weekend laying on the couch and watching TV. Maybe next weekend will be more exciting. :)

    By the way, what's happening with your car? Can it be fixed?

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Sambo V. said…

    Yes, they are going to fox my car Frema! YEEEE-HAAAAA! ;) Hope you guys feel better soon!

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Sambo V. said…

    I meant fix my foxy car...riiiight

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wad up sista thiz is yo lil sis donna and im tellin u that i luv u so0o0o0 much and i would do anything for you! people u better be nice to my sista becauz she is one of my best friends along wit my udda 2 gro0o0ovy sistas! peace outt sam!
    love ya
    donna*

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Luke said…

    You know, you might have been better off with overcooked yolks. I hear that runny yolks can give the salmonella, and that would be one crappy birthday.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what a fun weekend sister! im happy to know that dan is always making you smile because thats what u deserve! love u sam
    donna*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home