Sam In The City

Monday, November 07, 2005

Adios 23! Hola 24!


Ah yes, my last official blog entry as a 23 year old woman. Why does the coming of my birthday tomorrow seem to be urking me so much? I received two great presents from my husband, and had a celebratory lunch with my groovy in-laws this weekend, but yet, I'm bothered. I guess it's because I feel like 24 is old. Now I know you may be thinking, no, it's not old and you're right. It's not old old, but I feel like it's a good "adult" age. Whatever. Twenty-four is inevitable. It's creepin' like a bad wedgie and tomorrow I will no longer be 23 years old. I even have to change the age on my profile...dun, dun, dun! Twenty-four will be a good year for me. Since Dan and I were just married in August, this is the age that I'll go through our first year of marriage in.

One of my students asked me today, "Mrs. Villa, are you going to bring in treats for your birthday tomorrow?" I laughed and told the student yes. The funny thing about being a teacher is even when it's your birthday you still have to bring the treats. :)

To bid 23 a proper farewell, here are 23 memories/thoughts to remember about being 23: (in no particular order)

1. 23 was my first year teaching
2. Dan proposed to me on Thanksgiving
3. Obviously, I said yes :)
4. I got my first apartment and moved out of my parents house for good
5. My groovy sister Frema threw Dan and I an awesome Wedding Shower
6. Frema also threw me an incredible Bacholerette party
7. Dan and I got married! :)
8. I went to California for the 1st time
9. I really got into running and aerobics
10.I learned that when there is pee under the toilet seat, that it could be my fault(says a close marital source)
11.Out of 30 men, I was in a Texas Hold'em tournament as the only female, and came in 4th place-winning my $60.00 buy-in money back :)
12.The Chicago White Sox kicked some major booty and claimed ownership to being the WORLD CHAMPIONS!!! :)
13. My older sister, Frema moved to Indianapolis
14. My sister Ryan went away to IU
15. I danced around the kitchen with Dan to my new Ray Charles CD and had a blast
16. I learned how to make tuna casserole and omelets!!
17. I ventured into married life and all the little changes that go with it
18. I entered the wonderful world of blogging (thanks, Frema!)
19. My Brookita discovered she is pregnant! :)
20. My 13 year old sister got a cell phone...wow
21. My brother, Dan and I went to Great America and rented a wheel chair so we didn't have to wait in the horribly long lines...and yes, thinking back, I feel a twinge of guilt-this is the 2nd time I've done this, remember Frema?
22. I had my very first visit to the foot doctor
23. I developed a real love for Ray Charles' talented musical genius

6 Comments:

  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Luke said…

    Oh, you don't KNOW from old. Nonetheless, I hope that your first day of being 24 was a great one.

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    24 is a very good age. I also enjoyed 17 and 26. And 58 has been good as well.

    Congrats on the Texas Hold'em honor.

    Happy Birthday, Samantha

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy birthday Sam. I hope you had a nice one. We just got back from Arkansas. It was very nice.
    Love Auntie Betty

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Diane Arias said…

    You are SO Frema's sister. Cute, funny, and a bit goofy.

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    Um, did you make a birthday resolution not to blog anymore?

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Sambo V. said…

    It's been busy Frema, cut me a break! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home