Sam In The City

Sunday, November 13, 2005

It's Been Awhile!

It's been awhile since I last blogged, almost a week ago tomorrow. My excuse, well I spent a lot of prep time last week for Parent/Teacher Conferences that took place this past Friday. The Conferences went great!! It was so good to hear the parents say how impressed they are with what much their kids are learning and how much they love school. :)

Flashing back to earlier last week, my birthday was very nice! ;) The day of my birthday, Dan and I went out to Red Lobster for dinner, which was awesome. I swear that place has the BEST stuffed mushroom's and biscuits. Mmmmmmm!!! The Red Lobster staff even sang Happy Birthday to me and gave me a huge brownie sundae that I found out later was not on the house. :( Then we went to my parents house and had a little cake and the wonderful birthday song. ;) I really wanted to stop home on my birthday, it would have been weird not to. Dan gave me my presents early, like I said before. The Ray Charles CD and Cinderella movie have already been listened to and watched! ;) The coolest, oh my God, I really love this present was from Frema. She got me the complete first season of Roseanne! :) I have been watching it everyday and I am almost done with the whole season. Frema really surprised me and it was so sweet of her to mail it to me, especially considering the postage rates these days. I LOVE YOU BREAIN! ;)

24 has been busy thus far, but I'm expecting things to slow down in the next week or so. I literally just got my car back from Dan's cousin. He said there were quite a few things wrong with it and there is still one more thing that needs to be fixed. It's such a relief to have the beast back! I haven't driven in three weeks...talk about being chauffered! After one more repair, he said the car should last another year and a half at least. That's fine with me because Dan and I are saving for the summer and a house right now. In order to keep a comfortable life style, we have to be sure to save steadily throughout the year because Dan doesn't get paid over the summer like I do. So his checks are bigger now, but non-exisitent over the summer.

Anywho, it's been a busy weekend. After Parent/Teacher Conferences on Friday, Dan and I picked up Donna, my groovy little sister spent the night on Friday and stayed with us most of the day on Saturday. On Saturday morning, Donna and I went to church with Dan to see his 3rd grade students make their First Holy Communion. Dan has been working with the students since the beginning of the school year to prepare his students for this big day. Everything went smoothly and the kids were so excited. I'm really proud of the wonderful teacher my husband is. ;) After church, we hit up White Castle and then went to see Saw II, and even got carded. What a great flippin' movie! I highly recommend it. Then Donna and I parked our butts on the love seat and watched television. We were highly engrossed in the Laguna Beach marathon that MTV was hosting and the My Fair Brady show that was marathoning on VH1. I don't watch t.v. a lot, but it these two shows just seemed to glue our eyes to the screen. Who woulda ever guessed that I would be watching Peter Brady's reality t.v. show...or more importantly, who woulda guessed he'd ever get his own reality show??

Anywho, last night my little brother, G-Unit, who is not so little anymore, spent the night. I flip-flopped siblings this weekend, which made me feel like the cool older sister. I always thought of Frema as a cool older sister and I would also like to have that repuation amongst the sibs. ;)

It's been loads of fun catching up in the blogging world. I have lots more news to share, but I'm pooped, so I'll write more later. Buenos noches!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Frema said…

    I heard that someone's dad was president of the Brady Bunch Fan Club in his teen years. Later, he and his wife and children watched reruns on Channel 50 and always made fun of the episode with Marcia's nose. (Oh, my nose!) I wonder who that was?

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Sambo V. said…

    You are so clever you little Brady lover!

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Luke said…

    You know, I caught a bit of the My Fair Brady marathon as well, during my brief encounter with cable over the weekend.

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    It's already Thursday! You're slipping, Sister....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home