Sam In The City

Friday, May 05, 2006

The Arm

Yawn...time for bed. It's been a long day and you want nothing more than to crawl into a nice warm bed and snuggle next to your honey. You want to snuggle up next to that special someone and fall into a blissful sleep...but wait, you can't! You discover that there really is no truly comfortable position to sleep in because of, dun, dun, dun THE ARM!

Yes that's right people, I'm talking about The Arm. Everynight when Dan and I go to bed we always start out snuggled close next to each other ready for a peaceful sleep. But then he puts his arm underneath my pillow and it lifts my head up in an awkward position that makes it impossible for me to comfortably fall asleep. A few weeks ago he fell asleep right away with his arm under my head and I didn't want to wake him, so I left it there for like two hours! Finally, after watching the clock hit one in the morning, I said screw it and moved The Arm.

Sometimes I can fall asleep no problem with The Arm under my head, but most of the time it's more of a sleep hazard. Occasionally Dan will wake up with a sore arm due to our attempts to sleep holding eachother. It's a lose/lose situation because I like it when Dan holds me at night, and it feels weird when we're facing opposite directions. I've been meaning to write about this for awhile now, curious to see how others comfortably cuddle at night with no uncomfortable casualties. Let me know what you think. ;)

6 Comments:

  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Frema said…

    With us, I actually need more space. When Luke cuddles me, sometimes I feel like I don't have enough room, so I'll usually lay behind him with my arm draped over his side.

    I'm such a man.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Luke said…

    What typically happens is that Frema rolls around a lot before going to sleep, so I scoot all the way to the edge of my side and fall asleep there.

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Sambo V. said…

    Us Ma'Ayteh girls are movers Luke! ;)

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Lost A Sock said…

    The trick is having him put The Arm under his own pillow. And also, nearly six years into marraige we have figured out that you snuggle up for a bit, but then say goodnight and turn your seperate ways for good sleep.

    Also, fairly often when Jack won't sleep well in his bassinette he ends up coming to bed with me, and Kevin goes to the couch. Sleeping with Jack is half-sleep, because you spend the night with one eye open, making sure not to whack the poor little guy with your own Arm. :0)

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can say for certain that you inherited the need to move alot before you fall asleep from Grampa Sambo. No advice offered here, just an observation.

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger butterflygirl said…

    This is a toughy...gotta speak now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home