Sam In The City

Monday, November 21, 2005

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!


It has definitely been a while since I've been into blogging mode. Today as I write this entry, my wonderful husband is ironing the last of our new curtains so we can hang them up. That's right folks, no more thin sheets that don't quite hit the floor. Because of balcony window is so darn long and wide, it's harder to find inexpensive, but cute curtains. Anyway, the ones we found at Wal-Mart are nice, even though we had to get 2 packages, which means 4 total curtains to be ironed. The reason I keep moaning and groaning about the ironing is because it takes FOREVER to iron them. Nevertheless, it does feel fun to have real curtains now and it definitely adds a bit more touch of home.

In other news, my youngest sister Donna helped me put together and decorate mine and Dan's very 1st Christmas tree together. While Donna and I had a blast figuring out where it would go and how to decorate it, Dan watched the Bears game at his brother Mike's. Besides the fact that it was an utter joy having my baby sister help decorate my tree, it was even cooler that the tree (already pre-lighted) and ornaments were free! :) My Tia gave me the tree and Dan's aunt gave us three boxes of ornaments over the summer. After the tree, I decided that all the Christmas must go up, so I finished decorating the whole apartment. I'm talking Santa's and candy canes, and the cute cheesy cut-outs all over the cabinets. Dan said that I was decorating kinda early, and although I agree, over Thanksgiving I have to go and decorate my classroom. So I'm actually right on track. Besides, I love Christmas and I want to enjoy all the perks of it as long as possible. I have already done all the Christmas cards for my colleagues at work, so I'm not overwhelmed when I do the family cards. What can I say, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! :)

I just love Christmas time. I'll get to be with all my family at the same time and enjoy their company. With my sisters Ryan and Frema being out of state, they are missed dearly!! The chaos of everyday life seems to revolve around fighting over the wish bone from the turkey, or who will wash the dinner dishes. I'll take these memories anyday. :) I feel so "adult" this year with sending out Christmas cards and ironing curtains. (That's not to say that Sallie Mae doesn't make me feel adult the 15th of every month!) Being a teacher, we really do get the nice perks of having an extended already paid vacation over the holidays. I don't think the teaching field would be as large if there weren't extended periods away from the students! ;) It felt good to blog...maybe I should try it more often. Until the next time, over and out! :)

7 Comments:

  • At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam,

    Little sisters are so nice. They are a joy. I have three sisters.

    To share is wonderful.

    Daddy D.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum wie grunest dien Blitter. Or something like that. Very nice tree, Sam

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Sambo V. said…

    Thanks Molly! It was so fun putting it up! ;)

    You rock, Daddy D.!!

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Kayte Marie said…

    I love that I can finally catch up with you & your new life by reading all about it. Just so you know kyerga.blogspot.com is my blog I just recently re-started.

    Love you Sam.
    KayteMarie

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Frema said…

    What a great looking tree! Luke and I will be decorating when we get back from our Thanksgiving travels.

    I can't wait to see you guys, either! I can't wait to come home. :)

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Luke said…

    Ah, there is just something about a Christmas tree to bring in the holiday cheer to a home. I am pretty excited about putting ours up here sometime soon.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam,
    You beat us all putting up your beauitful Tree. I now feel so behind.Enjoy your Holidays. Hope we can get together once.
    Love you Auntie B

     

Post a Comment

<< Home